Without medical furniture, no healthcare units can diagnose their patients and provide proper treatment. Before treatment plan could be prescribed, attending physicians sometimes have to conduct a few procedures on patients.
While some of the tests can be performed while the patient is seated, others require the patient to lie down. For example CT scan, Ultrasound, chest X-ray, and most of the tests in gynecology can only be performed if the patient is in lying posture.
Now doctors can’t use regular tables and beds that we use at home for performing those procedures and tests. They need specialized furniture for that purpose.
Tables happen to be the most importance medical furniture. They come in various styles, specifications, and each one is engineered to accommodate the needs of different physicals in healthcare. Just like every health condition requires a unique treatment plan, similarly different physicals will require beds and tables with different specifications.
One such type of table is C-arm table. This is best for conducting image-guided procedures. They are particularly engineered for delicate and complex procedures under pain management. These tables are designed for use by surgical centers, facilities that provide pain management programs, and units where fluoroscopy procedures are conducted.
This medical furniture is manufactured while keeping in mind quality and durability factors. They are of sturdy construction for increased longevity and longer shelf-life.
Strength and durability are two factors to look for while buying one such product. This is because of the fact that in hospitals, beds and tables constantly need to be moved here and there. Only products that are sturdy will be able to withstand the daily wear and tear, otherwise the parts will wear out and you will have to replace them very soon.
A few features that you can find in pain management tables would be:
1. Rolling casters so as to allow portability
2. Lock system to stabilize the furniture in the desired place
3. Adjustable height so that patients could be transferred from wheelchair to bed without causing physical discomfort to medical personnel or the patient
4. Adjustable height also creates a more comfortable working environment for medical staff
5. Sturdy frames for enduring more weight
6. Generous table length to facilitate imaging of larger areas
7. Comfortable table pad
8. Accessories for improved work efficiency. For example side-rails and IV poles are optional accessories that can be bought with these tables.